Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Two Updates

I was out again last night for a run, 5K in 46 minutes, including the walk to and from the starting line. Since the starting line doesn't move, I think 46 minutes is about the same as I did last time. I felt like I was running slower last night, but I didn't walk quite as much, so that is probably the reason for logging the same time. I felt a little less winded after but still had a pretty hard, fast heartbeat. I found about 2.2 k in, I started to get a stitch in my side. I reduced the pace and tried to breathe more normally and that seemed to help also.

I was also up for a 40 mintue bike ride this morning. I think that darned near killed me. There was no wind, but I felt so tired that I wondered if I'd be able to make it. I logged about 2 miles in total but my knees are now pretty stiff. Good chance I overdid it, I should have eaten something before going out also. So, about half way back, I felt like I had hit a wall, but what can you do? You have to get home & Learn a Lesson.

The other update, I am trying "free" weight watchers. I just can't seem to drop any weight, even with all the exercise. I must be making up for it in food consumption, so I thought to myself: Self, it is time to start tracking points again.

The trouble is, I can't justify spending $75 on a 3 month subscription right now. I have $0 available to me because I am trying to pay off a nasty credit card bill. (It's not $10K or anything, I just want to get rid of the balance I'm carrying). So, I looked around cyberspace and found some free tools for tracking weight. It sure isn't as good as online subscription, but will have to do for now. I figure if I can drop a few pounds on my own WW plan, then we'll see what my finances look like in a month or two. Really, I'd rather not have to track at all, but if there is one thing I know about WW, is that it does work for me.

I think. See, I usually drop about 10 pounds, get bored and quit. That takes about 2 months usually. So, the third month is a waste. I really, really, really want to lose the first 10% this time. I said that the first, second and third time too. BUT. Let's go with, this time I mean it. Hey, I didn't gain the weight (or the bad habits) in a year, so I can't expect to lose them on the first try either. That means my immediate goal is 15 pounds in 3 months. So far, on my complete own, I gained a pound. Not a bright start. This morning, I felt "lighter" so I weighed in, and I am down .2 pounds from when I started (so now at 157.4) I am hopeful that on the official weigh-in day (Thursday) there will be some actual, measurable movement on my scale.

This week, I am giving up cookies, in addition to my other goals of working out every day, drinking water and etc. I want to see if it can make a difference. What a hard challenge. I love my cookies. But, I love me more. So, I will give it a good shot. I did have about 1/4 cookie this morning as I was checking to see how fresh they were staying since Saturday. They are the kids' cookies and it is a new Gluten free recipe, so I needed to know. I did mark it down, all .5 points of it. I don't actually know if this is right, but I always score at least .5 points for any "taste testing" I do. Keeps me honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment