Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Much Better Day

There is something about setting goals & being accountable for them (even if it is just here) that really works for me. I dragged my lazy butt away from the (useless, boring) Monday night t.v. and went outside with the kids last night. Eric & I attempted a bike ride but the wind was so strong it kept pushing him over. The kid only weighs 40 pounds (in a snowsuit) so I don't know why I was surprised!

So we went back to the yard & I started re-stacking the woodpile. My loving husband dumps a 3-ton truck load on our lawn every November with the hopes that we'll use most of it through the winter. Well, it must have been a big load this year because there's enough left to get us through to next February at least! It's a workout & strength training in one, so I gladly spent an hour or so at that.

Then, this morning, I did sprints/walk for my workout. What a killer. I am probably going to need to lay off a bit tomorrow, especially if I get back to the woodpile tonight. I really want to get my speed & endurance up & I know that sprints are a good way to push that boundary.

Of course, I am probably going to have to put the kids to bed early & strength train inside tonight since it is Biggest Loser tonight. I love love that show. I try to pretend I don't, but secretly, I am so mad if I miss it. I even like the old episodes on Slice. It is just so motivating, especially the end shows, to see the changes that are possible.

I'm really struggling with the water goal today. Water just tastes like yuck today, so it's Crystal Lite or lemon juice I guess. Well, I'm halfway through my first bottle, but I hope the next one is easier to get down.

No comments:

Post a Comment