Monday, May 4, 2009

Never Give Up

I didn't even bother to post stats on Thursday, too depressing. I think I gained more weight this week but since I didn't deserve to lose any, I guess I can't be too upset. I did try to workout some last week but with my conference and the late nights, it didn't go so well.

But, every week is a new opportunity to do better, right?

I've only been at this for 4 weeks now & already I needed to give myself a serious butt-kicking. So, this morning's run really felt like it. It was only 30 minutes (standard morning workout time) but am I ever sweaty. Gross really. I ran from my starting point (about 1/4 mile), then a full 1/2 mile, walk to the next hydro pole, then run the same 1/2 mile/1/4 mile back. Adding all that up makes 1.5 miles ran (all out!) this morning.

Last year I was running 2 miles (plus the 1/4 mile each way) in 30 minutes. I could almost see the "finish line" this morning. That was very inspiring. I always want to give up about 1/2 mile into the run, it's so hard, it's still cold, I'm tired..... but this morning I pushed my boundaries and made myself put out the effort.

Never give up. That's my new mantra for the week.

Ok, goals this week:
1. Work out Monday - Friday. At least 1 bike ride/run
2. Drink 2 bottles (591 ml) water at work, 5 glasses at home
3. Add 1 strength/toning workout in the evening.
4. (This is week 4!!) Ride bikes with Eric at least 2 times this week, plus once on weekend

1 comment:

  1. Hey Michelle. I saw your comment on my weight loss so I clicked over to read yours and see who you were. How did you come across my blog? Just curious. Congrats on your hardwork for your weight loss too! It's not easy, huh?!

    ReplyDelete