Sunday, May 24, 2009

Possibly the Weirdest Non-Scale Victory

I learned about Non-Scale Victories (NSV) when I was in Weight Watchers. These are the little boosts you get, not from the scale, but from making the positive changes in your life. They might be small, like passing on dessert because you are too full. Or, they might be huge - dropping a full dress size.

I've been blogging (complaining) about not seeing real results on the scale. I really do want to see more results and am trying to buckle down & kick my own butt. This is sort of working. Sometimes though, it is nice to have some positive motivation.

It is laundry day, which generally means the only underwear left in the drawer is either: a) teeny-tiny, left over from my skinny days or b) not really meant to be worn as underwear (stuff that comes as a sexy set, if you know what I mean)

So, not wanting to wear b, but resigned to doing so, I tried on my teeniest, tiniest pair of underwear. THEY FIT! They are not too tight. They do not risk cutting off my circulation. Granted, they are only technically a size smaller than my regular pairs, but the cut of them makes them littlest. and, no, I am not posting a picture. They fit, but that doesn't mean they look "good".

My darling husband though was quite thrilled to see them & thought I looked very hot. What other NSV does a girl need??

No comments:

Post a Comment