Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why I'm Worth it

Welcome to my new blog - a little corner of the internet for me to track, obsess and fret over my own journey to better health. Yes, I'm trying to focus on being healthy as opposed to a certain size, shape or weight. I'm nowhere near ready to give up my scale, but I hope that someday, I can be.

In an interview, Michelle Obama commented that she gets up at 4:30 a.m. to exercise. When questioned about why she gets up so early, her answer was

Well, I just started thinking, if I had to get up to go to work, I'd get up and go to work. If I had to get up to take care of my kids, I'd get up to do that. But when it comes to yourself, then it's suddenly, "Oh, I can't get up at 4:30." So I had to change that.

That is exactly how I'm feeling these days (except that I get up at 6:18 a.m.), I have to make myself the priority, just the way I would make my kids a priority.

So here are the top reasons I am worth it:

1. My kids depend on me to be healthy, active and live a long life.

2. My family has a history of heart disease, diabetes and cancer

3. I have spent a fortune on Weight Watchers and having nothing to show for it.

4. I have an outfit in my closet I have never worn because I bought it that last time I lost some weight

5. When I work out: I feel better. I look better. I am more active. I am less depressed.


So, welcome, again, to my new blog. Join me on the journey to healthy living.

1 comment:

  1. hi ! Thank you for the comment on my blog about starting over!

    I love what you wrote in this post! We need to make time for ourselves and there are many reasons we are worth it! Looking forward to tracking your progress!

    ReplyDelete