Friday, April 17, 2009

Not a Great Start for a Friday

Today isn't starting out the very best, I have to admit. My usual schedule is: get up at 6:18, out the door by 6:25 and walk, run or bike ride for 30 minutes

Today, I got up at 6:30, left the house at 6:35 and was back from my walk (stroll, is more like it!) by 6:55. So, not exactly my regular 30 minutes of heart pounding, waist shrinking exercise. I'm tired & didn't even want to get out of bed, so I'm counting this as a victory anyway.

This week's goal has been to get up and exercise every day, so I think I've met that goal. I don't count weekends (for exercise) in goal setting, because they are so variable. That's just setting me up for failure. I figure any workout I get in on the weekends is a bonus day.

My next goal is going to be drinking more water. I don't really like plain water, so I mostly jazz it up with lemon or lime juice or crystal lite. The goal for next week is going to be:

Drink 3 large glasses of water at home (1 must be plain water)
Drink 3 coffee mugs of water at work (1 must be plain water)

I think that works out to a little over the 8 glasses per day. Right now, I am drinking 2 and 2, so that shouldn't be too much of a strain on my body. I will also commit to continuing to workout every morning.

I am hopeful that next week, I will start to see some positive changes in how I feel and how I look. I've been back at this new workout for about 2 weeks now and only seen gains on the scale and my clothes fit exactly the same. I am really needing a little extra boost to keep going, but I know it's coming, I just have to work for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment