Friday, April 24, 2009

Good Workout Today

I dragged my sorry butt out of bed this morning to find it was below 0 degrees!! Yuck. I hate that much cold this late into April. But, since I was up anyhow, I figured I might as well get out for a run.

I only ended up being out 25 minutes which is actually a victory, since it means I am covering the same ground in less time. I guess it is time to safely increase my distance next week. Right now I am walking about 1/8 of a mile, then running 1/2 mile, 1/8 mile walk, run 1/2 mile, recover/walk 1/8 mile. I haven't quite gotten to the 1/2 mile marker on the one road, so I am going to aim for that next week. It's about another 1/8 of a mile from my current turn around point. Not a big change in the goal but it sure looked a loooong way off this morning. Maybe if I'd known I'd be at least 5 minutes short in my workout, I would have pushed to it.

I feel really great after this workout - I had really consistent speed and don't feel totally winded and tired now. That's a big change even from last week. I think it is the toning work I did earlier in the week also paying off. My legs feel much stronger. You wouldn't think 1 killer toning workout would have that many benefits, but I feel like it did. Of course, now I have to do it again, either today or tomorrow, which I am kinda dreading. At least the first time I didn't know how hard it was!

My water intake is really improving, I have hit my goal everyday and am increasing it just a bit. My bladder is starting to keep up better and I see that my skin is getting more clear. I always breakout terribly when I first start drinking a lot of water but if I stick with it I end up with gorgeous, soft skin. I hope it is just around the corner!

I am committed to getting in shape and I can't wait until I can fit into some of my skinny clothes! I have a pair of pants in a size 8 just begging to be let off the hanger and out for some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment